- Enhances herbivores' immune system
- Especially beneficial for animals who suffer from eye infections, URI, and other health problems
- Promotes better circulation to help immune cells move more freely
- Supplies rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs with needed nutrients
- Keep animals' body systems at maximum performance level
- Dandelion and burdock root assist liver function by removing toxic by-products produced by diseases, including dead cellular debris. As a result, we relieve pressure from secondary immune functions
- Can be used in addition to prescribed medications for a faster recovery
Especially beneficial for animals who suffer from chronic and recurring diseases.
Rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs and other animals are exposed to millions of disease causing microbes daily by inhalation, ingestion or contact. Immune system ability to set barriers and recognize millions of pathogens makes all the difference between a sick and a healthy pet.
Other crucial aspects:
- Create a healing environment. Mental stress and isolation suppresses the immune system. Because of the stress the connection between nervous, hormonal and immune system breaks.
- Use organic hay and herbs to eliminate herbicides and pesticides. Chinchillas, guinea pits, rabbits, and other herbivores with impaired immune function will benefit from a natural diet. Read more about natural diet here.
How does the immune system work and help keep guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas and other pets healthy?
Pets receive immune system genes from parents. Immune system is a complex mix of cells and molecules that defend the body against bacteria, microbes, parasites and the grows of tumor cells. Disease causing microbes are constantly trying to invent new ways to outwit the immune system. Getting in is only one part of the pathogens plan. They need a chance to reproduce inside or outside of the cells, before components of the immune system detect and kill them. So, if they manage to snick in, immune system can use 2 types of defense: innate (every animals is born with it) and adaptive.
Each member of the immune family serves a particular function: to identify or remove foreign substances. Actually, almost every organ tries to help the immune system. For example, lung cells produce an antiseptic layer; the liver manufactures immune proteins. The immune system has fascinating memory cells. They hold the invader untill other members of the immune can destroy it. When there are no intruders, memory cells can fall asleep.
Infected cells release interfronts that stick to uninfected cells to make them resistant to that particular pathogen. This is a temporary protection untill the white blood cells (phagocytes) come and gobble up pathogens. If innate immune system needs help, it makes changes of the phagocyte surface to activate adaptive immune system.
Nutritive supplement: Degu – 1/3 teaspoon daily; chinchilla, guinea pig, small and medium rabbits – 1/2-1 teaspoon daily; larger rabbits – 1-2 teaspoons daily.
Echinacea Purpurea: Degu – 1/5 teaspoon; chinchilla, guinea pig, small and medium rabbits – 1/4 teaspoon; larger rabbits – 1/2-3/4 teaspoons, 5 days on, 2 days off for 2-3 weeks.
Ingredients: Organic nettle, organic dandelion root and leaf, organic red clover, organic wheat bran, organic rose hips, organic green oat tops, organic burdock root, organic flaxseed. Organic echinacea purpurea comes in a separate bag.
Safety: We only use herbs that have an excellent safety record over thousands of years of use by pets and people, and are widely used today. We do not add herbs that just look cute or sound fancy, much thought and knowledge is invested is each formula that we offer. We won't risk the well being of your pet offering sugary treats or a herbal compound that is not recommended for internal use by AHPA.